Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Erasers

My type A teacher self, loves erasers!  

I love the beauty of knowing that although I mess up (which I do a lot) it is perfectly acceptable and okay; due to the fact that the error can easily be erased and removed – never to be seen again, covered by something more beautiful and perfect. 

The problem however comes when I often times wish this same concept would apply to the real world.

 There have been so many times in my life where I have yearned for one of those big, fat, dull pink erasers to come through and just eliminate what I have done wrong…Only to leave that portion of my life brand new again.  What I would give to erase words, actions, hurts, misconceptions, conversations, and fights…..

The bad news:  no big eraser, like this, can be purchased from Walmart or Target.

The good news:  a greater eraser, a permanent eraser does exist.

Although there is no tangible eraser that will remove all of the mistakes we make in life – as we all do make mistakes (multiple ones for me) each day.  There is an eternal eraser that promises to not only erase, but to forgive each one of our daily mistakes, and I couldn’t be more thankful for that.

You see, there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t mess up….I am not more than a mere human, who naturally is sinful by nature.  And, as those mess up’s occur, I tend to beat myself up.  Not only do I tend to desperately try and erase the mistake, but I also try to correct it…all on my own accord – whether that means apologizing for wrong doings or just completely redoing whatever I have messed up.   However, I never seem to be able to clear the mistake and make that area clear again.  It just never happens that way.
 
But, the beauty is this….
I serve a Father who does hold an eraser.  An eternal one.  I serve a Father who lovingly and graciously has mercy upon me every single day.  Not only does He erase every one of my mistakes, but upon me seeking His forgiveness, He wipes my slate clean – brand new, perfectly white. 

And there is nothing more beautiful, more powerful, more comforting than that.
He forever erases.

Know Him.  Go to Him.  Seek Him. 

He will make you new.   

No comments:

Post a Comment