Weakness: A quality
or feature regarded as a disadvantage or fault.
There is no human on this earth that is without at least one
weakness. Although a lot of the time we
all like to think we are perfect souls, without flaws…That is far from the truth.
Me, I have many.
And the evil one knows exactly how to use
these flaws perfectly; in such a way to grow me apart from my He@venly Father
(at least temporarily). But, what the
evil one does not know is, in the end my Father prevails, I learn a lesson, and I
inevitably grow more and more in love with the Man who made me – ultimately the
direct opposite of what the evil one is seeking.
And how does this happen?!
Because I serve a Father who is bigger, who
is wiser, who is more powerful, who is far greater than any flaw of mine, loves
me unconditionally, and is begging me to just simply trust Him.
My number one flaw in life is STRESS. WORRY.
ANXIETY.
Since a child, I have always striven to be a perfectionist
in so many areas of life. I have always
felt that I had to go 110%, giving my very best, and failure was not an
option. I constantly found myself taking
on “challenges” in such ways that I knew I could accomplish and succeed;
because anything less was not an option.
Needless to say, my independent soul has had many hardships,
realizations, and opportune lessons for seeing that I could not do life alone
and be successful…That some “tasks” just could not be accomplished by my human hands
alone, but only by His almighty power and ability was there anyway. And without His help, without allowing Him to
step in and take control, the “task” was seemingly a waste.
As I look back and reflect upon this last year, the key word
that I see the Father calling and challenging me to is TRUST. Trusting Him.
Having been His since I was eight, you would think that I
would have a full grasp on this word.
You would think that through life lessons thus far, I would have already
learned that although I can accomplish life alone – With His help, the process
is much smoother and the outcome is far greater than anything I could have ever
expected to be done on my own.
BUT, I still fail in relinquishing
this trust and faith to Him – whether it is monthly, weekly, daily, or even hourly
I find myself failing to simply TRUST in Him.
I still like to be the controller of my life in so many aspects. And without fail, He shows me that I am not
capable of reaching that perfect, unattainable goal without HIM.
As I left home five months ago, I sat with my family having
one of the hardest discussions we have ever had…the “what-if” discussion. I sat with the biggest decision laid before
me, a decision that made me sick, a decision that I truly had give to Him
because it was literally out of my hands completely --- a decision on whether
to stay home with my family in a time of hurt and pain OR hop on a plane to
fulfill the calling He laid before me – understanding that perhaps that one
sweet goodbye could be a final one. As
He gave me that confirmation on fulfilling the call to go, as I boarded the
plane that Monday morning, I left with peace in knowing that Eddie was in Dad’s
hands.
Although I was still hurting,
although I was still scared….His voice filled my head, telling me Eddie was
His, He would take care of this man. AND today, I could not be happier, more excited to share that He has continued to do just
that. Here we are at ten months in and
Eddie is ABLE – Although there are days of struggle, he is doing life just as
normal as possible. Eddie still mows,
goes to church and social events with friends and family, andddd is playing with His
sweet grandbabies this weekend….AND this past week we received news that the
tumors are SHRINKING. 10 months ago, 5
months ago…We didn't know what to think. Today we stand amazed, in awe…Yes, there is
still a long ways to go before Eddie is completely healed. But, we KNOW that we serve a Father who is
forever faithful, who is forever hearing our hearts cries, who is CALLING US TO
TRUST HIM to take care of Eddie. And in
that trusting Him, He is being faithful to provide us of our hearts
desires.
So, as I was beautifully reminded this week of His power and control, I still failed at trusting Him with other areas of my life. I failed miserably at trusting Him this
week. Ashamed it left me.
The past couple of weeks, I have had a toothache. So after trying to avoid going to a dentist
here, I finally sucked it up and went.
To make a long story short, I went in Wednesday to have a filling. As I went into the office, of course my
stomach was in knots (as I am terrified of dentists). I was terrified of the noises, the shots, the
drilling, the pains, the unknown of this lady….everything. But, as I sat down and the work began…I felt
nothing. I did not feel the shot of
numbing in my mouth. I did not fill the
drilling. All I felt was the sound of
the Father calling me to trust Him – to praise Him through the music in my ears
and spend time just lifting it up to Him.
Seemingly I was succeeding at this, I thought I was trusting Him – but
really, it was only because things were still going as I had planned, according
to my individual itinerary.
As the dentist kept drilling in my tooth, I knew something was
wrong. That is when she stopped and
broke the news to me – “I am sorry. I
have some bad news. It is deeper than I
thought. I need to do a root canal.” The tears instantly just began flowing uncontrollably
down my face; as I sat terrified of the pain that would be to come, and I knew
the cost to perform this was going to be far more than what was in my bank
account. My first question – “How much?” As she told me the price, the tears rolled
quicker and greater. The knot in my
stomach became uncontrollable.
So as I left the dentist office that day, she had filled my
tooth with temporary putty and gave me the bill to ponder. I won’t lie, I came home and cried for over
two hours. I called my mom, the realist, who said “This
is life. Crap happens. Stop crying, because crying won’t fix it.” Of course, not what I wanted to hear in the
moment, but what I needed to be told.
But, it was what she said next that I will not forget – “G0d has brought
you this far, through everything to this point, He isn’t going to leave you
alone and not get you through this.”
That was all I needed to hear.
That beautiful, tough love reminder – This was yet again, a situation, a
bill, which was far unobtainable for me alone.
It was something I HAD to relinquish over to the Father.
So, I immediately began emailing personnel for help. Having planned in the back of my mind for
the worst answer (of receiving no support), and still trying to figure out how I,
alone, was going to pay for this massive
cost. As the night and next morning went
on, I knew the Father was continuously calling me to trust Him, to not worry
over such a petty thing; but, I was inevitably failing.
During lunch the next day though, I received an email
back. An email from the Father, showing
me His control, His provision, His faithfulness to provide……
My medical bill was going to be covered eighty percent by
medical, and the rest I had already been given.
This bill, this worry, was covered – covered by HIM.
As I rejoiced in this news, the feeling of being ashamed
flushed over me. How dare I not trust
this Man. This man who is constantly,
daily reminding and showing me every reason that I should trust Him….When will
I learn?! When will I stop trying to do
things in my own power, alone? When will
I learn to stop worrying, stop stressing AND just TRUST.
This man, my Father, gave His son so that I could know Him,
so that I could be His. He most
definitely has my best interest at heart.
Trusting Him should not be a question.
I ask that you continue to lift me up, asking that I
continue to draw closer to Him – closer than ever before. That I trust Him with every fiber of my
being.
Yes!
ReplyDelete