Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Responsibility We ALL Hold....



This past week my mind has been flooded with a million emotions and thoughts.  As I approach this new path in my life I am humbled by the thought that the Father has picked me for such an opportunity.  I have had people look at me, and ask is this truly your new title.  Are you now a M?!  That word, that title – what an incredible meaning behind the word, what a responsibility this job has.  However, when I sit and think about this path, and when I begin to think about this calling that He has asked me to fulfill…shouldn’t I have considered myself this anyways? 

From the time the Sprite enters into our lives we are called to spread His love, to make Him known.  We are called in Matthew to fulfill this obligation to all ends of the Earth.  However, does this mean that we must go to the most remote parts of the world to fulfill this obligation – by no means no!  Some of us are called to serve in our own homes, our communities, our churches – some of us are called to serve right where we are because have been significantly placed there for a reason.  However, Dad calls upon others of us to move across the globe, to those undisclosed locations and spread this unending, eternal love to people we have never met. 

However, this calling to go does not mean that I, or anyone else are any “better.”  No, if anything I have realized within the last six months how unworthy I truly am.  I am a normal person, a filthy sinner, who messes up every day.  But, I serve a Father who loves me unconditionally and forgives me during my daily moments of weakness. 

In the past six months, I have come to realize how little I am in this big large world.  As I do daily devotions and spend time in His word, I am constantly reminded how I serve a Dad who is so great, so large, so powerful that I cannot fathom all He has done, does, and will continue to do.  Each day, as I grow in and read His word, it seems like a smack in the face.  I have lived on this Earth now for twenty-four years and what have I done with what He has given to me?  I have spent these last years spinning my wheels, doing life my way…I haven’t been faithful in my actions, my words, my walk, my day to day actions….I have lived this life my way.  When I sit and think about it, it is beyond shameful.  This life is not mine to live, but His. 

So, as some people may look at me during this time in my life and place me on a pedestal – that is by no means where I belong.  No, I am a filthy sinner who messes up every day.  If anything I feel completely inadequate at times to fulfill this call.  However, we must all realize that sharing the gospel is our job, our duty – we are called to serve Him, to serve His people right where we are.  That means if we are called to live in little Roaring River, NC we are called to serve His people right here around us.  But, if He calls us to pack up our things and move somewhere else then we are called to love His people and serve those people in just the same way. 

Therefore, the next two months, as I am still living in the wonderful NC, I pr@y each day that the Sprite will fill my heart with compassion and love for the people around me; just as I pray it will for the people of "Italy."  We are all called to fulfill this duty, it is a just a matter of where He calls us to go! 

As you go this week, please continue to pr@y for me during this transitional time.  Continue to pr@y for my kiddos at school.  This week we had our ups and downs.  Since the Father and His work has been an open conversation in our classroom, since the children know who I am and what I stand for, breaking the news to them went better than I expected.  Although they are sad I am leaving, they understand why and what for.  They are truly a blessing to have.  However, they are nervous for someone new and the changes that will come with that.  Please pray for the teacher that will come in and take care of these twenty munchkins.  Please seek the Father’s will for each decision that I have to make during this transition and preparing for this move.  Also, I am now working on my letter for Prayer Warriors – I will be mailing these out soon!  If you feel led to be a prayer warrior for me please let me know!  It is beyond comforting to know that I have the support of so many loved ones. 

ALSO, if you have someone or something on your heart that I can be lifting up to the Father for you please let me know.  We are His church.  We are called to support and grow with one another.  As much as I know I am supported, I want to support you as well. 

In His Name,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment