
YOLO
If you've ever been around me for even thirty minutes within the past year or so, you've probably heard me say "YOLO" at least once....and more than likely I used it in the completely wrong context. (I get called out for doing so all the time.)
"YOLO tends to be my life phrase for every situation, every trial, every adventure, everything!
A while back I was read a blog on how "YOLO" is an ignorant phrase in which we shouldn't say...that it is just simply a phrase that allows/permits stupidity to be acceptable and tolerated.
...When we break apart this overly used acronym we know that it stands for "You Only Live Once." So yes, we can easily see where the phrase would allow for stupidity and ignorance to enter into ones realm of life...I didn't/don't disagree with the view that this particular blogger had. But, lately my heart has been burdened with a new way of viewing this ever so popular phrase.
What would happen if we looked at this phrase from an eternal standpoint?!?
In Galations 2 I read: "My old self has been crucified with C. IT is no longer I who live, but C who lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of G, who LOVED me and GAVE Himself for me...."
As C's we know, as I just quoted from the Word, that upon accepting C into our hearts that we are called to die to ourselves, and live for Him each day.
I can't help but wonder what life might be like if each C around the world woke up in the mornings and said, "YOLO - Today I will live for HIM."
Sincerely, take a moment and think about what our world would look like if each C around the globe truly woke up in the morning with the attitude of - "You Only Live Once - Today, in each moment of this beautiful day that He has blessed me with, I will live it out for Him...."
In dying to ourselves, and living for Him, we know that this means we are allowing the HS to consume our daily walk, our life, and take full control of us. Nothing that we say, act, think, or do can/would be for our benefit; but for His.
We have seen this type of YOLO living through the perfect example that C set for us during His walk on this earth. We know that He washed the feet of His disciples, He ate among sinners and tax collectors, He spent time sharing life with the sick, diseased, and those possessed by demons. This life most certainly was frowned upon and judged by others; but, C could not have cared less what others thought of Him.
Is this concept of dying to oneself and living a C like "YOLO" life hard?!? Yes, yet it is. It is definitely not man's way of living. In today's world, it is most definitely not the easiest route to take in living life. It is not even close to being the norm. More than likely it will not be accepted very easily. And, if I had to guess, it will perhaps look straight ignorant and stupid to some...But who cares?!?
I challenge myself and all of us C's across the globe to live our lives in a YOLO fashion! Let the Sp1rit consume you today and follow whatever He calls you to. Love on the unlovable, eat with the homeless, serve the needy, sit down with someone of a different faith and have a conversation, visit the sick...Let's open our hearts, our eyes, our minds, and be transformed to live this day for Him!
YOLO today. YOLO, live for Him!
Peter 2:
"By His divine power, G has given us everything we need for living a G life....In view of all this, make every effort to respond to G's promises. Supplement your fa1th with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with g0dliness, and g0dliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone."
Your message is spot on (as the British would say).
ReplyDelete