Each day that you wake up you have the option to choose the
way you will look at your day! You can
choose to either seek the negative (sadness within the day) OR you can choose
to seek the JOY within the day.
If we are all honest, we can admit there is definitely going
to be some point within the day where something occurs that could possibly
bring down ones attitude, or even possibly “ruin” ones day.
But, it is in those moments that you must seek the JOY
within the situation.
As language school is proving to be difficult and trying,
and as life is seemingly proven to become a daily routine….there are definitely
times in which my attitude can easily become down and even negative.
But, it is in those times that I have decided to seek
JOY!! And what a beautiful thing He
shows us when we truly, whole heartedly go running, seeking His JOY in every moment
of every day.
These past two weeks have been amazing. As I start my mornings off with digging into
His Word, I ask that He shows me Him during the day - That I seek Him and seek
His JOY throughout the day. And what a
difference this outlook, this attitude…what a difference this perspective on
life can make.
As I sit in class, giving my all, yet continuously messing
up and not understanding what is being taught, there is nothing else I can do
except laugh at the mass confusion that takes place in my mind, and the words
that come out of my mouth.
Sitting, trying to learn French for about five hour a day,
and then coming home to study, can become very draining and very disheartening –
especially when it doesn't happen quickly and smoothly. But, instead of getting frustrated or sad, I
cannot help but praise Him for the attitude that He provides me with each
day! I cannot help but thank Him for the
teacher and classmates that He has blessed me with. There is not fifteen minutes, there is
probably not even ten minutes that passes in our classroom, where we don’t
laugh. And laughter keeps us motivated
to learn.
So, each day I cannot help but thank Father for the joy and
laughter that He provides to me during this time of learning!
…But, even outside of the school realm, He continues to give me JOY - beautiful, gracious JOY that is only found through Him. And in those JOYOUS times I cannot help but
PRAISE Him for all He has done, and continues to show me and do for me.
I challenge you to wake up each morning seeking JOY - seek Him in every situation of every
day. Life can definitely throw some
curveballs at you, but it is your choice as you how you react and view those
trying times.
Seek JOY.
If you seek joy in Him, your day will not be the same! I promise you that. In fact, I think it is safe to say that you
may find yourself with this obnoxious smile that seemingly will not go away! J He is faithful. He is good.
He loves us. HE IS JOY.
Keep speaking His truth! You have been given a gift for it.
ReplyDelete